Thursday, February 9, 2012

Smash, hmmmmm




So I checked out Smash on NBC Starring Debra Messing, Megan Hilty and Katherine McPhee. I wanted to go to bed soooo extra early but couldn't pass it up. It's an entire series built around an international icon, may be an opportunity to gain some insight to the person behind "Marilyn Monroe," get a glimpse at Norma Jeane Mortenson (I hope) AND I get jazz hands!?! Oh yes I had to partake, and so far I love it! Yes its a bit cheesy but I love all that extra-ness.











 Of course at first glance I was totally rooting for the voluptuous blonde of the series as they auditioned for the coveted Marilyn Role, but then we hear Karen (McPhee) sing, her lack of sex appeal, inexperience and dark hair definitely makes her the underdog, but her voice, and later her resilience and morals instantly makes you change teams, keep an eye out for the a bad girl brewing...







“I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.” -Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment